Sauce – Chilli Con Carne
Chilli con Carne Sauce by Atkins + Potts
The original cowboy trail meal and official Texas State dish gets a gourmet makeover. Fresh peppers, tomatoes, a dash of wine and a hint of chocolate give this Tex-Mex classic satisfying chilli warmth and real depth of flavour.
Weight: 350 grams
Tomatoes, Water, Onions, Red Peppers,Tomato Paste, Red Wine, Balsamic Vinegar (Red Grape Vinegar, Cooked Grape Must) Rapeseed Oil, Cornflour, Vegetable Stock (Water, Dried vegetables (potato, onion, leek, celery), salt, yeast extract, carrot concentrate, sugar, sunflower oil, lemon juice concentrate) Garlic Puree, Sugar, Dark Chocolate (Contains Milk and Soya), Salt, Thyme, Paprika, Pasilla Chilli Powder (0.1%), Red Chillies (0.1%), Spices. (For allergens see ingredients in bold)
Chilli Con Carne Recipe
- 500g lean beef/ venison mince
- Oil for cooking
- 1 pouch Atkins & Potts Chilli con Carne Sauce
- 1 tin red kidney beans
- Rice, crusty bread or jacket potatoes to serve
- Heat a little oil in a pan and add the mince. Cook for a few minutes until nicely browned.
- Stir in the Chilli con Carne Sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then add the kidney beans and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Serve with rice, bread or jacket potatoes and some fresh lime wedges and coriander.
Add veg for extra goodness!