Sauce – French Chassuer
Chasseur Sauce by Atkins + Potts
A French classic inspired by the 17th-century custom of picking mushrooms while out hunting, to make a sauce for the game. This sauce is traditionally served with venison, game birds or chicken.
Weight: 350 gram
Water, Tomatoes (28%), White Wine (10%), Mushrooms (5%), Shallots, Tomato Paste (2%), Sugar, Chicken Stock (Chicken, Yeast Extract, Salt, Chicken Fat, Dried Vegetables (Leek, Onion), Sugar, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Natural Flavours, Sage Oil), Cornflour, Rapeseed Oil, Tarragon (0.6%), Garlic Puree, Parsley, Salt, Black Pepper, Paprika
Chicken Chasseur Recipe
- 500g diced chicken
- Oil for cooking
- 1 pouch Atkins & Potts Chasseur Sauce
- Small boiled new potatoes and seasonal vegetables to serve
- Heat a little oil in a pan and add the chicken. Cook for a few minutes until nicely browned.
- Stir in the Chasseur Sauce.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with boiled new potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
This sauce is also delicious with pork, venison and wild boar, pheasant, partridge, rabbit etc