Sauce – Russian Stroganoff
Stroganoff Sauce by Atkins + Potts
A hearty sauce invented by a French chef in 19th-century Russia with a sophisticated modern twist. Traditionally served with strips of beef and matchstick potatoes, it’s also delicious with pork or chicken.
Weight: 350 gram
Water, Soured Cream (18%) (Contains Milk), Mushrooms (17%) , Onions, Beef Stock (Water, yeast extract, salt, beef stock, lemon juice concentrate, sunflower oil), Cornflour, Brandy, Rapeseed Oil, Sugar, Concentrated Lemon Juice, Tomato Paste, Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin, Dijon Mustard (0.2%) (Water, Mustard Seeds, White Vinegar, Salt), Parsley, Spices (For allergens see ingredients in bold)
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 500g sliced beef
- Oil for cooking
- 1 pouch Atkins & Potts Stroganoff Sauce
- handful sliced mushrooms
- Matchstick chips or rice to serve
- Heat a little oil in a pan and add the beef. Cook for a few minutes until nicely browned.
- Remove the beef then add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until brown.
- Return the beef to the pan and stir in the Stroganoff Sauce.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the beef is cooked through.
- Serve with matchstick potatoes or rice and garnish with a little smoked paprika or some chopped parsley.
This sauce works equally well with diced venison, diced wild boar, sliced chicken or pork tenderloin (and even with sausages!).